A delicious strawberry icebox cake made with a Nature Valley Granola bar cookie topping, and a creamy, whipped strawberry filling! When frozen, it makes the best summer dessert.
The end of summer is upon us and Labor Day is right around the corner. Time to get the red, white and blue out for one more summer BBQ.
We made this dessert for General Mill’s blog and thought I would share it on here since it’s the perfect dessert for Labor Day!
It’s a frozen icebox cake that consists of a whipped cheese filling, fresh strawberries, brown sugar, and Nature Valley bar topping. We also have a blueberry version! I’ve always been a fan of Nature Valley bars and often eat them on the go and they make the best topping!
Furthermore, the bars taste even better in the recipe because they’re mixed with butter and brown sugar (ummm, yum) and then baked them, so they’re crispy.
Directions below for How to Make the Strawberry Icebox Cake!
More Desserts You’ll Love
Let us know if you make it by leaving a comment and review below!
Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 1 box Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, 1 box is 6-2 bar packages.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large lemon
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unwrap the Nature Valley™ granola bars and add them in a food processor and process until you achieve a fine crumb.
- Reserve half of the crumbs (about 3/4 cup) for topping. There will be a bottom and top layer of crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine half of the crumbs with the brown sugar, flour, and melted butter.
- Spread crumb mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish that has been covered with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs whites and sugar and mix on high.
- Add the heavy cream and continue mixing for another 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix squeezed lemon juice and softened cream cheese. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Add heavy cream mixture.
- Fold the fresh strawberries into the cream mixture.
- In a buttered glass dish, press the butter-crumb crust mixture that you baked, on the bottom of the pan.
- Top that with the strawberry mix and then add the reserved granola crumbs to the top!
- Cover and freeze for three hours or more and enjoy!