An easy cranberry orange relish recipe made with whole cranberries and filled with fresh flavor! This sweet and tart dish is a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving feast or holiday table. The best part, it’s made with just 4 ingredients too!
What is cranberry orange relish?
Cranberry orange relish is a tart and sweet dish that is perfect for the holiday season! It is made with just 4 ingredients and can be easily made in a food processor. It is commonly known as a cranberry sauce alternative for Thanksgiving.
Also, check out our delicious homemade cranberry sauce recipe too!
How to Make Cranberry Orange Relish
This recipe is beyond easy to make! It’s made with simple ingredients and the tart flavors go great with Thanksgiving turkey. The only kitchen tool you’ll need is a food processor and that’s it!
The full recipe is in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Fresh Cranberries – You can find these in the produce section near the berries. Fresh tangy cranberries are the only way to go for this recipe.
Orange – This recipe uses half of an orange. The skin is left on and it’s cut into small chunks.
Pecans – Whole or chopped pecans will work for this recipe. This adds crunch and flavor to the recipe.
Honey – Use pure honey for this recipe. This gives the relish a natural sweetness and cut down on the tartness.
Tip and Different Variations for Making Fresh Cranberry Relish
- Make this recipe the day before you plan on serving it. This gives the flavors time to meld together and become even more delicious!
- If the oranges aren’t blending, chop them smaller.
- Use fresh organic ingredients when possible.
- Substitute pecans for walnuts or almonds.
- Use agave or maple syrup instead of honey.
- Add a dash of orange liqueur for a little kick.
- Serve this dish at room temperature for the best flavor.
- Add a little orange juice to the mix for a lighter texture.
How to Store Cranberry Relish
If you’re wondering how long will cranberry orange relish last in the refrigerator? It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Cranberry Orange Relish Pairings
This cranberry orange relish recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It’s delicious on its own or paired with other dishes. Here are some cranberry relish pairings to try:
- Serve fresh relish with turkey or ham.
- Spread cranberry relish on cranberry orange cornbread or cranberry bread.
- Top cranberry relish on goat cheese for an easy appetizer.
- Mix cranberry relish with yogurt for a delicious breakfast or snack.
- Add cranberry relish to a Thanksgiving cheese platter.
- Great for making turkey sandwiches the next day.
- Add a little ground cinnamon in there for some holiday spice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cranberry sauce is made with cranberries, sugar, and water. It is cooked down until it becomes a thick sauce. Cranberry relish is made with cranberries, nuts, honey, and oranges. It is chopped in a food processor or blender and has a chunky texture.
Cranberry relish is most commonly known as a cranberry sauce alternative for Thanksgiving. It can be used as a condiment for turkey or ham. It’s also delicious on top of cranberry muffins or cranberry bread!
Cranberry relish is a good source of Vitamin C and fiber. Cranberries are also known for their antioxidant properties. This recipe also has pecans which contain protein and it’s sweetened with honey. Everything in this recipe is good for you.
Yes, cranberry orange relish can be frozen. Store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
When to Serve Cranberry Relish
You can serve this for Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner. It’s also a wonderful brunch staple too.
More Thanksgiving Recipes You’ll Love
Here are more recipes you can make for the holiday season!
Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
How to Make Cranberry Simple Syrup
This cranberry relish recipe is a Thanksgiving favorite. It’s made with fresh ingredients and is a great side dish to have at your next holiday meal!
Let us know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and review below.
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts, and parties!
Cranberry Orange Relish
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 orange, chopped with the peel on
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup honey
- Chop the orange.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients are coarsely blended.
- Pour into a small serving bowl.