A beautiful, easy Thanksgiving dessert platter with all of our favorite fall candy and treats! Sharing all of the details to make your own!
We love putting together a giant dessert platter for the holidays! The presentation of a dessert platter is exciting and it’s a great way to give people options. It’s also an incredibly easy Thanksgiving dessert idea. Serve it with a seasonal fruit platter for the perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
Make some special treats for the platter or purchase gourmet candy and cookies from your favorite store or bakery. Either way, this platter will be filled with fall flavors and pumpkin spice cupcakes!
Where to Buy Thanksgiving Candy and Treats
Table of Contents
Once November comes around, the options for pretty fall desserts are endless. Almost every store will be filled with delicious fall candy and treats.
Here are a few of our absolute favorite places to shop for beautiful Thanksgiving desserts and candy to add to our platter:
- Williams Sonoma – Always stocked with seasonal treats.
- Fresh Market – They sell small containers of fun unique candy. Similar on the west coast would be Bristol Farms.
- Whole Foods – Great for premade cupcakes and cookies.
- World Market – Festive candy, bars, and unique options.
- Sugarfina – Gourmet candy options like bourbon-filled malt balls.
- Trader Joe’s – Always stocked with seasonal candy and treats.
Thanksgiving Candy and Treats
To make it easy for you, we’ve linked the exact items we used for this pandy we used for this easy Thanksgiving dessert platter. However, use these as ideas for creating your own. There are so many options for what you can add to your platter from fruit to nuts to themed candy! Have fun with it!
- Marshmallow Pumpkins – Williams Sonoma
- Pumpkin Gummies – Williams Sonoma
- Mini Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes – Fresh Market
- Autumn Sugar Cookies – Williams Sonoma
- Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Covered Pretzels – Fresh Market
- Pumpkin Malt Balls – Fresh Market
- Brittle – Williams Sonoma
Fruit can also be used on a dessert platter. Add fruit like sliced apples and caramel sauce, juicy oranges, or red grapes. If you have a very large platter, the fruit is an affordable option for filling it in.
Once you have all of the candy and treats you’ll be using, it’s time to start assembling the platter.
You’ll need a large round plate or platter. We used this gold one from Williams Sonoma. Then, start by placing larger items around first.
Add a few of the desserts in small bowls. If you’re serving candied walnuts or any type of nut place them in small bowls to keep them separate from the treats.
Continue placing the cupcakes, cookies, and candy around the platter. Fill in holes as much as you can with smaller candy.
Add edible flowers over the top to give the platter color and help fill in gaps. Pansies are perfect as they are a fall and winter flower with a lot of color. They are also edible!
Add finishing touches like chocolate turkeys and flowers.
More Easy Thanksgiving Desserts You’ll Love!
Let us know if you make this easy Thanksgiving dessert platter by leaving a comment and review below! We would love to know how your guests liked it and what you added to it to make it special!
Easy Thanksgiving Dessert Platter
- 6 Fall Cookies
- 4 Chocolate Turkeys
- 1 Bag Pumpkin Spice Malt Balls
- 6 Mini Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1 Bag Pumpkin Gummies
- 2 Bars Pumpkin Brittle
- 1 Bag Pumpkin Covered Pretzels
- Candied Covered Walnuts
- 1 Box Fall Harvest Chocolates
- Once you have all of the candy and treats you’ll be using, it’s time to start assembling the platter.
- You’ll need a large round plate or platter. Then, start by placing larger items around first.
- Add a few of the desserts in small bowls. If you’re serving candied walnuts or any type of nut place them in small bowls to keep them separate from the treats.
- Continue placing the cupcakes, cookies, and candy around the platter. Fill in holes as much as you can with smaller candy.
- Add edible flowers over the top to give the platter color.
- Add finishing touches like chocolate turkeys and flowers.