As a homage to 12 Days of Christmas, try this special partridge in a pear tree cocktail for the holidays!
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree… cocktail! This festive cocktail has flavors of pear, cinnamon, and ginger. It’s made with homemade ginger, cinnamon, and pear simple syrup that is sweetened with honey. Then, shaken with lime and gin and topped with sparkling pear juice!
The perfect winter cocktail to sip by the a warm fire or a simple holiday gathering.
How to Make a Partridge In a Pear Tree Cocktail
This is an easy cocktail to make. First, you’ll want to make your homemade simple syrup. It’s called simple syrup for a reason because it’s beyond easy to make!
You can use sugar or honey to sweeten a simple syrup. For this cocktail, we wanted the warm flavors of honey so we used that to make the syrup. Add the water and the honey into a saucepan, then add in the cinnamon sticks, a slice of pear, and ginger and simmer until the honey has melted. About 5-10 minutes.
Turn the heat off and let the syrup infuse while cooling to room temperature.
Strain the syrup into a glass jar. You can leave the cinnamon sticks in there for even more flavor or discard them with the ginger and pear slice.
This can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days!
Next, you’ll add in the lime, simple syrup, and gin into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain the cocktail into a coupe and top with chilled sparkling pear juice.
You can also use a sparkling apple-pear juice too, depending on what you find at the grocery store.
Garnish the cocktail with a sprig of rosemary (the tree portion of the song!) and then a cinnamon stick to give it a festive woodsy vibe.
This cocktail does not need to be served on ice as it will be nice and cold from the shaking. However, if you prefer you can serve it over a large ice cube that melts slowly.
More Christmas Cocktails You’ll Love!
- How to Make a Jungle Bird Cocktail
- Cinnamon and Pomegranate Margaritas
- Easy Cranberry Vodka Punch
- Spiked Apple Sparkling Punch
- Snow Globe Cocktail
- Gingerbread Moscow Mule
- Frozen Bananas Foster
Let us know if you make this Partridge In a Pear Tree cocktail by leaving a comment and review below! We’d love to know your thoughts!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts, and parties!
Partridge In A Pear Tree Cocktail
Cinnamon Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger , cut about 1/2" of fresh ginger to add to the simple syrup.
- 1 slice fresh pear
Partridge In A Pear Tree Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon ginger simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces sparkling pear juice
- Add the honey and water in a saucepan, then add in the cinnamon sticks, a slice of pear, and fresh ginger. Simmer until the honey has melted, about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the syrup infuse while cooling to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup into a glass jar. You can leave the cinnamon sticks in there for even more flavor or discard them with the ginger and pear slice.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days!
- Next, add the lime, simple syrup, and gin into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a coupe and top with chilled sparkling pear juice.
- Serve with a rosemary sprig and a cinnamon stick.