We’re smitten with these origami Christmas trees!! A festive and creative Christmas craft that you can use to decorate with for the holidays. They look super charming on a shelf, you can make a garland from them or tie them to a present. And, all you need is a piece of paper and some scissors. Super easy. If you want make a bunch of them, bribe your children with hot cocoa and put them to work, ha!! Just kidding, but really, kids do love origami and would be great helpers with these festive origami Christmas trees. Tis the season!
Origami Christmas Trees
Instructions for letter sized paper (you can buy the large square sheets of paper to make the big trees)
1. Fold top corner of the paper to align with the opposing side of the paper.
2. Cut the bottom of the paper off so that you are left with a square paper folded into a triangle.
3. Fold that in half into a smaller triangle.
4. Open the triangles and fold down to create a square x 2
5. Open the sides of the squares to create a tall triangle x 4
6. Trim off the bottom triangle.
7. Cut 3 rows on each side, spaced evenly.
8. Fold down the bottom three flaps
Here’s a great video showing how to make origami tress as well.
* For the larger paper we cut 4 rows on each side to create one more tier of the tree.