Our Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust is like biting into a buttery shortbread cookie and complements a plethora of pies! Use it instead of a traditional pie crust for a fun twist on your next baking creation. It’s also great for tarts and easy to make with just five ingredients!
Ingredients in a Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust
The ingredients are simple and you’ll most likely already have these in your pantry. The recipe is really foolproof to make.
- Confectioners Sugar
- Baking Powder
How to Make a Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a mixing bowl or with clean hands, work the butter into the flour and sugar until it starts to crumble and hold a shape.
- Roll between two pieces of parchment paper or press into a pie dish. Whatever you prefer!
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. If you’re making a pie that doesn’t need to be cooked, you will cook this crust for longer until it’s golden brown. About 25 minutes.
- Add a pie filling and bake according to the directions for the pie.
When the mixture is a crumble, press into the pie dish or roll between two pieces of parchment paper and place in the pie dish, molding it to the edges making a nice crust.
Quick Tip – If you’re making a pie filling that doesn’t need to be baked, you will bake this crust longer until it’s done. About 25 minutes at 350 until the crust is a light golden brown.
The crust isn’t too sweet, but the texture is like biting into a cookie and it’s always a hit! It works so well with lemon bars, tarts and berry pies too.
Let us know if you try this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust
This pie crust is easy and like biting into a buttery shortbread cookie! It compliments berry and chocolate pie perfectly!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
unsalted butter (2 sticks)
Start with the crust by beating the butter until fluffy and add in the sugar.
Then, add in the flour and lightly mix. Add in the vanilla extract and baking powder and mix until mixture is crumbly.
Press into a pie dish, up the sides and make a nice crust and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Let the crust cool before adding the filling.
Proceed with the pie filling instructions for whatever pie you're making.