We’re cooling down this summer with these delicious blueberry popsicles! These Roasted Blueberry Crème fraîche Popsicles are made with Crème fraîche (a cream made from heavy cream and buttermilk) which makes them creamy and full of flavor!
We roasted the blueberries with honey to add a little more sweetness and juice to them, then added them to the popsicle mold and poured the cream mixture over the top.
The popsicles are so good. They have a gourmet taste to them and are the perfect balance of creaminess and sweetness. Try them out and you won’t be disappointed!
Tips for Making Blueberry Popsicles
Make sure to leave about 1/4″ space at the top of the mold to drop in a thin orange slice (remove the rind!), and for the popsicle to expand.
When liquid freezes it expands. If the liquid and ice expand over the mold, it makes the removal of the lid on the mold harder. Also, you don’t get a clean edge to your popsicle.
To remove the popsicles, run the bottom on the molds under warm water for a few seconds.
Tug a little on the popsicle to feel if it’s ready, don’t pull too hard, it should easily slip out. If not, run the bottom under warm water again.
What is Crème Fraîche?
It’s a thickened, dairy cream that has a nutty, sour flavor to it. It’s extremely creamy and goes perfectly with fruit, berries, on top of waffles and crepes. Furthermore, it’s good product to keep on hand to enhance the overall flavor experience.
Another unique ingredient we use in this recipe is cornstarch. This is a thickening agent and also makes the popsicle have a creamy, less icy texture.
If you’ve ever had our super creamy chocolate fudge popsicles, cornstarch is what gives it a creamy texture and not an icy texture.
The Best Mold for Blueberry Popsicles
I use these molds often and really like them. Buy extra popsicles sticks for it! Here are more options:
More Popsicle Recipes You’ll Love!
Let us know if you make these blueberry popsicles by leaving a comment and review below.
ROASTED BLUEBERRY CRÈME FRAÎCHE POPSICLES
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 ounces Crème fraîche
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper and scattered the blueberries on it
- Drizzle with honey and bake until juicy and they pop open, about 10-15 minutes
- Remove and let cool, set aside
- In a blender add the Crème fraîche, milk, cream, cornstarch, vanilla and ¼ cup honey and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add a spoonful of blueberries to each popsicle mold
- Pour the cream mixture into the molds and give it a little stir
- Place in the freezer overnight
- To remove the popsicles, run the bottom under lukewarm water for 30 seconds