Cool off with these frozen cucumber honeydew cocktail! Made with gin, cucumber and honeydew these are super refreshing and spa like. Perfect for a hot summer day.
We’re switching it up from the typical red and blue for this upcoming Labor Day. Instead, we went with something refreshing and chilled to cool off with during the last few weeks of warm weather…although here in LA, September is just as hot as any summer month!
Frozen Cucumber Honeydew Cocktail
This cocktail is perfect for an outdoor summer BBQ, but with ingredients like honeydew, cucumber, lemon and honey…it’s sure to help your guests kick back and relax, exactly what Labor Day is for! The rim is a mix of sugar, salt and a tiny bit of fennel to give it a little jolt!
We served it in classic American Mason jars with a sliced honeydew melon on top, which looks cute!
With this drink, I love that you can chop and prepare everything before, store it in the fridge and when your guests arrive, blend it up.
Rimming the Glasses
The glasses are rimmed with salt and fennel. Fennel goes well with honeydew and adds more flavor to the cocktail.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
Let us know if you make these cocktails by leaving a comment and review below.
This recipe is adapted from Food & Wine.
Cucumber Honeydew Freeze Cocktail
- 8 ounces gin, or vodka
- 2 cups peeled, chopped and chilled cucumber
- 2 cups peeled, chopped and chilled honeydew melon
- 6 ounces fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 cups ice
- Fresh mint if you want!
- Sugar and Salt with Fennel Rim
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Prepare the rims of the glasses before you start the cocktail. Mix the ingredients for the rim, place on a plate. Rub the rim of the glasses with a lemon or lime wedge. Then dip them into the sweet fennel salt.
- Chop and chill the ingredients before you blend. When you’re ready to serve, add all of the cocktail ingredients together in a mixer and blend until frothy. Then poor into rimmed glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy!