I look forward to styling my fall porch every year! Here are my favorite fall porch decorating ideas and styling tips for decorating your fall porch!
Last year’s front fall porch made me so happy, I had to do it again! I’m one of those who wish it was FALL ALL SEASON LONG because I love it so much! As soon as September hits, I’m running to the stores for pumpkins and wreaths! I’m sharing some fall porch decorating ideas to decorate your front entryway this season!
My favorite thing to do is sit here on a somewhat (let’s be real it’s Southern Calfornia!) chilly fall and sip an apple crisp cocktail.
How to Decorate a Front Fall Porch
Pumpkins, hay bales and flowers make it easy! Here are some cute fall front porch ideas to get you started!
What You’ll Need:
There are several types of pumpkins to choose from. Try to buy a few different varieties and colors to decorate with. We have a pumpkin guide you can check ou there!
- Fairytale pumpkins are a brownish-orange and a little flatter. They also come in a bluish-gray!
- White snowball pumpkins are beautiful.
- Classic champion pumpkins are also affordable.
- Munchkin pumpkins are perfect for filling in areas since they’re small.
One problem I’ve had in the past is squirrels and raccoons eating our pumpkins! To stop them from taking bites out of the pumpkins try this method.
Hay bales add height to the porch and they scream fall! If you have a large front porch add larger bales, you can also get medium and even small hay bales. We used medium hay bales in our photos.
You can get hay bales at livestock feed stores, flower markets
Wreaths are such a great way to add instant fall decor and perfect for a fall porch! There are 2 ways of displaying them:
- Hanging them on the front door with a wreath hanger.
- Resting the wreath against a pumpkin, wall or lantern.
Tall corn stalks are perfect for adding height and creating a “stop the car!” curb appeal! Try your local garden center, craft stores or farm to buy tall corn stalks.
Use twine to tie the stalks to posts, beams or anything that will keep it standing up.
Also, grab ears of Indian corn, which is a fall favorite!
Adding color and flowers is a must for creating a cute fall porch! Chrysanthemums, better known as mums are the perfect fall plant to add to your porch! You can buy these at a local nursery or any store that has a garden center. Even grocery stores carry these potted plants in the fall.
Throw Pillows and Blankets
If you have a porch with a bench or some chairs, add some fall pillows and blankets to give it a cozy feeling!
When should I decorate my house for fall?
Anytime after September 1st is perfect for decorating for fall. The first official day of fall is usually around September 20th, but it’s totally acceptable to begin decorating for fall early September!
Where can I find fall garden decor ideas that don’t cost much?
When decorating a fall porch, try local thrift stores and even dollar stores for inexpensive decor options.
- Always shop the lowest prices for pumpkins. We bought these at Trader Joes for $2.99 per orange pumpkin.
- Fill lanterns with mini pumpkins.
- Forage your yard or surrounding area for sticks and leaves.
- Shop second-hand stores. I have gotten a lot of really cool items from second-hand shops. This entire Halloween party was stuff from Savers.
Do you decorate for fall? What are some of your tips or fall decorating ideas? Let us know in the comments below! Happy fall decorating!