Learn how to make a DIY magnet board and foam skeleton magnets for a fun Halloween activity for kids!
We made this adorable black and white, skeleton magnet board for a kid’s party! If you’re hosting a Halloween party for kids, it’s nice to have a few activities to keep them busy. This giant DIY magnet board and foam skeleton magnets we’re fun to make and the kids had a blast trying to put the skeleton back together!
- A piece of wood for the board. It can be any size you want.
- Magnet paint, paint roller, gloves and sand paper.
- Black and white foam from a craft store.
- X-ACTO knife
- Round magnets from a craft store.
- Hot glue gun or super-strong glue (that will take longer to dry)
Directions for Magnet Foam Skeleton Bones
- Enlarged this pattern of the skeleton from Better Homes and Gardens.
- Then traced and cut it out on black foam and white foam.
- Cut the black foam a little looser than the white foam to get the effect you see.
- Then glue the two foams together.
- Lastly, glue two round magnets onto the back of each skeleton piece.
Directions for The Magnet Board
- Use this paint on a wooden board.
- Before you paint, shake the can like crazy!! You need to break up all the little metal pieces in the paint.
- Apply a thin coat. Let it dry for 30 minutes, sand it lightly and apply another thin coat.
- Repeat 4-5 times always shaking the can in between coats.
Once it’s dry you can either keep it black or paint it any color you want!
That’s it! You can then lean the board against a wall or even hang it!
Kid Friendly Halloween Ideas!
Let us know if you make this adorable DIY Magnet Board! We love seeing what you create. Tag your photos @SugarandCharm on all social channels. Leave a comment below if you have any questions!