This hot cocoa bar is the perfect place for a warm chocolate treat, this festive season! Top hot cocoa with marshmallows and crushed candy canes. Your friends, family and neighbors will love you for it!
I was thrilled to participate in Home Depot’s Holiday Style Challenge this year! The challenge is to take a box of unexpected items and design an area they give you.
My area was outside, so I infused my love of sweets and entertaining to create a charming hot cocoa stand! The goal was to incorporate all of the items Home Depot sent me and make it look like a winter wonderland!
As you know, it only snows in the mountains here so we bought a few large bags of fake snow to toss all over the ground and I have to say it actually made it look a little chilly, right? Also, as we were shooting this in the fall, a school bus of children drove by and were screaming “Christmas! Christmas!” with the biggest smiles on their faces!
This wintery and festive hot cocoa stand was definitely a hit! To see more and get some fun tips, head over to Home Depot’s blog!
How To Make A Hot Cocoa Bar – Step By Step
- Set a table out or you can use a cocktail trolley.
- Decorate with some green, like a wreath.
- Stock up on cups. Red cups are great for an added festive touch and work well with a wreath.
- Lay out your hot cocoa bar with toppings, such as marshmallows and candy.
- Brew up some hot cocoa and keep in thermoses. See through thermoses are great as you can see when you may need to top them up.
Decorating Your Hot Cocoa Bar
When it comes to decorating your hot cocoa bar, keep life simple! A wreath or some Christmas tree cuttings will add a lovely pop of green!
Use a sprinkle of fake snow over your wreath and on the table/trolley surface, creating a nice winterscape!
Topping For Your Hot Cocoa Bar
Offering up a variety of toppings is essential for a good hot cocoa bar. Put your toppings in different types of containers, to add another level of interest to your bar.
You can go for the classics, such as crushed candy canes and marshmallows (always a hit!), but why not get creative. Here are some other ideas:
- White, Dark, and Milk Chocolate Chips.
- Cocoa Puff cereal.
- Grated Cinnamon.
- Hot Tamales.
- Peanut Butter.
- Sweetened Coconut Shavings.
A Simple Way To Give Back This Fall
This Hot Cocoa Bar is so simple to set up and a great way to give back this fall. You can set it out and give back to the neighborhood or, if you want an easy idea for a local charity fair, then go for this!
Top Tips For A Hot Cocoa Bar
- Use a patio serving trolley or fold out table.
- Add a pop of green with a festive wreath.
- Get creative with your hot cocoa toppings.
- Use see through thermoses, so you can monitor the levels of hot cocoa you have left.
Check Out These Other Great Festive Ideas
25 Creative Winter Fundraising Ideas by Classy
20 Impossibly Creative DIY Outdoor Christmas Decorations by DIY and Craft
If you have tried this Hot Cocoa Bar, or any other ideas on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more great projects as well as delicious, healthy, family friendly food!