Top o’ the mornin’! In celebration of Saint Patrick’s Day, this year we’re making an Irish whiskey-inspired sangria and I’m going to cook an Irish-inspired meal to celebrate! Admittedly, Saint Patrick’s is not my favorite holiday, but I do think it’s a good excuse to make a themed dinner and, of course, a yummy cocktail! It’s also fun for kids and a great little history lesson in the Irish culture and to teach them who Saint Patrick was. For this sangria, we used white wine, Irish whiskey and all green fruit like apples, kiwi, pears and grapes! It’s so refreshing and the Irish whiskey adds that bold Irish flavor to it! We added a little lime juice as well, which cuts the sweetness. I don’t love really sweet sangrias, but you can sweeten it to taste! Happy Saint Patrick’s Day and don’t forget to wear some green, or drink some Green Irish Whiskey Sangria!
- 1 green apple cubed
- 2 green pears sliced
- 2 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 2 large limes sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle white wine like Grillo
- 1/2 cup Irish whiskey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup club soda
- Slice and chop all of the fruit place in a pitcher with fresh lime juice
- Add the sugar to the whiskey and stir. Then pour over the fruit.
- Add in the wine and stir. Let it sit for 1 hour.
- Add in the club soda and stir before mixing.