The most flavorful, easy queso blanco dip ever! It’s perfect for dipping chips, pouring over nachos, drizzling over tacos or even burgers! Made with American white cheese, whole milk and diced chilies, this will be your favorite dip ever! It’s also very easy to make.
Since living in the south, I’ve had my fair share of queso blanco dip or “white queso” and I love it! It seems to be very popular here and served at every Mexican restaurant. It’s perfect for a quick party appetizer or dip for chips.
It’s creamy and full of flavor. We added diced chilis, which we also use in the best frittata recipe EVER, as well as garlic, salt and pepper. The white cheese is the base of the recipe and when everything is melted together this dip is divine!
How to Queso Blanco Dip
Table of Contents
It’s really made with just a few simple ingredients that you can grab at your local grocery store.
- White American Cheese – This is where all the creamy flavor comes from.
- Canola Oil – Flavorless oil so the cheese doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Diced Green Chilis – Gives the dip a little kick!
- Whole Milk – Adds to the creamy texture of the dip.
- Garlic – Gives it the most delicious smell and flavor.
- Green Onions – For extra flavor and to garnish.
- Salt & Pepper
In a large non-stick pan add the oil and heat on medium.
Next, sauté the garlic in the pan for 3 minutes.
Then add in the milk and the cheese and constantly stir so it doesn’t burn.
Cook at a very low heat, until the cheese is melted.
Next , add in the drained green chilis, salt and pepper.
How to Store Queso Blanco
We doubt there will be any left to store but if you make it ahead of time, place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can reheat it in the microwave in 1 minute increments. It will melt fast so keep an eye on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is white queso dip made of?
The base of white queso is American white cheese, milk and a little oil. Then, you can add in garlic, onions or chili peppers.
What’s the difference between queso and queso blanco?
The noticeable difference is the color and a small amount of flavor. Traditional queso is made with cheddar cheese or American cheddar. Queso blanco is made with American white cheese. However, the flavor of both cheeses is similar… cheddar having a little more of a sharpness to it.
What does queso blanco dip taste like?
Queso blanco tastes like delicious, melty cheese! It’s creamy and flavored with garlic and peppers. It can be mild or you can make it spicy.
What do you eat with queso dip?
Queso dip is very versatile. It’s great with so many dishes from Mexican to burgers or even fries! Serve it over tacos, nachos or drizzle it over potatoes. Use it as a dip for chips or french fries. Add it into a burrito or over spanish rice. There are so many ways you can enjoy our queso blanco dip!
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love!
Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
Let us know if you make this queso blanco recipe by leaving a comment and review below! We’d love to know your thoughts.
Queso Blanco Dip
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb American white cheese, cubbed
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, in a can, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large non-stick pan add the oil and heat on medium.
- Next, sauté the garlic in the pan for 3 minutes.
- Add in the milk and the cheese and stir so it doesn’t burn.
- Cook at a very low heat, until the cheese is melted.
- Add in the drained green chilis, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm!