This easy frittata recipe is the most amazing frittata ever!! It’s fluffy, moist, cheesy and packed with delicious flavors. It’s super easy to make and great for brunch, lunch or even dinner!
I’ve been making this frittata for almost 12 years now and it’s the best one I’ve ever tasted! I usually serve it for special occasions, for a fancy brunch, Easter and it’s become a Christmas morning tradition too.
The frittata is very cheesy (that’s a good thing!), moist and simply delicious. I served it with heirloom tomatoes and some delicious and spicy Bloody Marys. Everyone I serve it to loves it and I can’t stress enough how easy it is to make! Recipe below…
How To Make The Best Frittata
This recipe really couldn’t be easier! It’s also nice because there isn’t much chopping with this recipe, just a few green onions and everything else is already prepared.
- Cottage Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Chopped Green Chilis
- Green Onions
- Baking Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until combined.
- Next, Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, pimentos, and butter.
- Add in the flour and remaining dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a large cast-iron skillet dish, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Tips For The Best Easy Frittata Recipe
- Always preheat the oven before baking.
- A cast-iron skillet is perfect for baking a frittata.
- Cook the frittata in the oven just until the center is no longer jiggly and the edges are golden brown.
- To prepare in advance, this baked method is best. You can whisk the eggs, and cheese together in advance. Cover and refrigerate the mixture until you’re ready to bake (it should keep well for up to two days).
What to Serve with Frittata
Not only is this an easy frittata recipe, but the flavors work beautifully with a brunch cocktail and a side salad. Here are some suggestions:
Monkey Bread – For something sweet
Frittata Vs Omelet
Frittata, which translates to “fried” in Italian, is an egg-based classic brunch dish. Unlike omelets, frittata fillings are mixed in with the eggs in the pan rather than folded in the center.
While omelets are typically made to serve just one, the great thing about this baked frittata is it can serve many, and can also be eaten hot or at room temperature. Large frittatas are cut in slices and served.
Check Out These Other Delicious Brunch Recipes
This baked frittata is ideal for a brunch get together, it’s so easy to prepare, so delicious. It’s also filling without being too much. Plus you can make ahead of time if you wish and enjoy!
If you have tried this best frittata recipe, please rate it and let us know how it turns out in the comments below!
Best Frittata Recipe Ever
- 10 large organic eggs
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 16 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4.5 ounces canned chopped green chiles
- 4 ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup melted butter, (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper corn or black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, pimentos and butter.
- In a separate small bowl combine flour and remaining dry ingredients.
- Add to egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a large cast iron skillet dish, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.