This vegetable frittata is moist, cheesy and packed with delicious flavors, making it the best frittata recipe…ever! They are easy to make and go perfectly with a bloody Mary. Bring on brunch!
I’ve been making this frittata for almost 8 years now and it’s the best one I’ve ever tasted! I usually serve it for special occasions and it’s become a Christmas morning tradition too.
The frittata is very cheesy (that’s a good thing!), moist and simply delicious. I served it with heirloom tomatoes and some delicious and spicy Bloody Marys. Everyone loved it and I can’t stress enough how easy it is to make! Recipe below…
How To Make The Best Frittata – Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, pimentos, and butter.
- In a separate small bowl combine flour and remaining dry ingredients. Add to egg mixture and stir until combined. Pour mixture into a large cast-iron skillet dish, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
The Best Frittata Recipe For Brunch
This baked frittata is ideal for a brunch get together, it’s so easy to prepare, so delicious. It’s also filling without being too much. Plus you can make ahead of time if you wish.
To prepare in advance, this baked method is best. You can whisk the eggs, cooked vegetables and cheese together in advance. Cover and refrigerate the mixture until you’re ready to bake (it should keep well for up to two days).
A Great Brunch Cocktail To Go With The Best Frittata Recipe
Not only is this a simple frittata recipe, but the flavors work beautifully with a brunch cocktail such as a Bloody Mary.
I used this recipe for Bloody Marys, but doubled up on the hot sauce and added green hot sauce and two tablespoons green olive juice too. They were destined to go together!
Frittata Vs Omelet
Frittata, which translates to “fried” in Italian, is an egg-based classic brunch dish. Unlike omelets, frittata fillings are mixed in with the eggs in the pan rather than folded in the center.
While omelets are typically made to serve just one, the great thing about this baked frittata is it can serve many, and can also be eaten hot or at room temperature. Large frittatas are cut in slices and served.
Top Tips For The Best Frittata
- Make sure you preheat the oven.
- An oven-safe skillet should be your go-to cookware for frittatas; a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet is ideal.
- Cook the frittata in the oven just until the center is no longer jiggly and the edges are golden brown.
- For extra reassurance it’s done, you can place a sharp knife into the center of the frittata.
Check Out These Other Delicious Brunch Recipes
If you have tried this best frittata recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family friendly food!
Best Frittata Recipe Ever
- 10 large organic eggs
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 16 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4.5 ounces canned chopped green chiles
- 4 ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup melted butter, (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper corn or black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, pimentos and butter.
- In a separate small bowl combine flour and remaining dry ingredients. Add to egg mixture and stir until combined. Pour mixture into a large cast iron skillet dish, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.