This is one of my favorite cocktails and it’s so easy to make! A delicious and refreshing Strawberry Mojito, that’s lightly sweetened with strawberries, pomegranate and has a refreshing twist of mint. A perfect summer drink!
Try our classic mojito recipe too!
I’ve been drinking mojitos all summer. Anytime I order a cocktail at a restaurant, it’s a mojito and I tell the bartender to go easy on the sugar. I’m not a fan of super sweet cocktails as I prefer lightly sweetened, freshly muddled drinks that use real fruit.
The trick to making the perfect mojito is a large amount of fresh mint (don’t skimp on this!), lots of fresh lime juice, and good rum.
I have the classic recipe down, so I thought I would muddle some fresh strawberries and pomegranates in to create a refreshing, colorful cocktail for Labor Day.
They are very tasty and we drank them while playing cards!
How To Make A Pomegranate Strawberry Mojito – Step By Step
- In a cocktail shaker add the mint, pomegranates, strawberries and sugar then muddle well.
- Add ice and the rum and shake vigorously.
- Strain the cocktail into an ice-filled glass. You might have to take the lid off of the cocktail shaker and pour the juice out holding back the fruit.
- Once the glass is filled, top it off with a small amount of club soda.
- Give it a little stir and then garnish with a sprig of mint, a strawberry and a few pomegranate seeds.
A Fruity Cocktail Perfect For Summer
When summer arrives, it’s really the perfect time for a fruity cocktail and this pomegranate strawberry mojito hits the spot. It’s refreshing, and because of the fresh fruit, it’s sweet but not overly so. A good helping of fresh mint really lifts this cocktail and makes it quite invigorating on the ol taste buds!
Great Rum For A Pomegranate and Strawberry Mojito
Rum is the base of any authentic mojito and this one’s no different! Here are some great options:
- Bacardi Silver Rum. Probably the most well known of them all.
- Appleton White Rum.
- Havana Club Anejo Blanco Rum.
- Cruzan Light Rum.
- Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Rum.
How To Muddle A Drink
Shaken and stirred aren’t the only tool in a mixologist’s toolbox, there’s also muddling! Muddling is essentially crushing ingredients down, to release their flavor. Here’s a quick step by step:
- Choose a gentle muddling tool. A small, flat wooden tool is ideal, such as the end of a wooden spoon or a French rolling pin (without handles).
- Put the ingredients in a sturdy glass or shaker.
- Press and twist lightly. …
- Finish the drink.
Top Tips For Pomegranate Strawberry Mojito
- Don’t skimp on the mint when muddling!
- Use a quality rum.
- Mix and serve straight away.
- Pour over ice.
Check Out These Other Great Mojito Recipes
Key Lime Mojito Recipe by Kitchen Magpie
Mojito Elderflower Cocktail by Slow The Cook Down
If you have tried this pomegranate strawberry mojito recipe then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Strawberry Pomegranate Mojito
- 15 mint leaves
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar, or alternative sweetener like agave nectar
- 2 fresh strawberries
- 2 ounces rum, (or a little more if you like them strong! )
- club soda
- In a cocktail shaker add the mint, pomegranates, strawberries and sugar then muddle well. Add ice and the rum and shake vigorously. Strain the cocktail into an ice-filled glass. You might have to take the lid off of the cocktail shaker and pour the juice out holding back the fruit. Once the glass is filled, top it off with a small amount of club soda. Give it a little stir and then garnish with a sprig of mint, a strawberry and a few pomegranate seeds. Enjoy and happy Labor Day!