A refreshing Christmas martini recipe made with 5 simple ingredients! This recipe is easy to make and taste like Christmas in a glass. The flavors of tangerine, cranberry and cinnamon go perfectly together. We topped it with sugared berries and orange zest for the ultimate presentation.
A memorable holiday cocktail that your guests will enjoy! There’s nothing thing better than this Christmas Martini: sweet, tart, delightful, and beautifully festive!
Read below as we’re teaching you exactly how to make the best Christmas martini for the holiday season!
This is the perfect cocktail for a festive Christmas brunch or holiday party. It’s easy to make and you can shake them up ahead of time too. It would pair perfectly with a Christmas dessert table or if you’re just relaxing and watching a Christmas movie.
Table of contents
- Christmas Martini: Everything You Need To Know
Christmas Martini: Everything You Need To Know
What’s in a Christmas Martini?
These are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Cranberry Juice – Sweetened Cranberry juice like Ocean Spray.
- Orange Liqueur
- Tangerine Juice
- Cinnamon Stick
How to Make a Christmas Martini
Making a martini is easy! You’ll need a cocktail shaker, cocktail jigger and a martini glass.
Shake – In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients (including the cinnamon stick) and shake with ice for 30 seconds, then strain.
Strain – Strain the cocktail into a martini glass, with or without ice.
Garnish – Add a festive garnish over the top! Sugared berries, orange zest, a mini candy cane or a cinnamon stick all work well with this drink.
Best Orange Liqueurs For Christmas Martinis
Orange liqueur Cointreau has a hint of orange perfume flavor that makes it delicious. It has a more robust and balanced flavor than Triple Sec and is of higher quality. You can also use Grand Marnier to make this holiday classic.
Tips for Making this Christmas Martini Recipe
- Make the drink even more festive by garnishing it with fresh cranberries and a rosemary sprig.
- At your local grocery store, 100% cranberry juice is readily available. What are its benefits? A brighter color and the ability to sweeten to taste.
- Make sure to shake for at least 30 seconds to blend the flavors and allow the cinnamon to infuse the drink.
- Garnish with sugared berries and orange zest for the best flavor.
- The ice in this martini recipe is optional. Most martini recipes do not have ice, however, we really loved the way the ice looks in this and it chilled it nicely making it very refreshing.
- Double the recipe and shake two cocktails at once!
Best Vodka for a Martini
We recommend using a good quality vodka to make any martini. Here are some choices:
- Grey Goose
- King Street
- St. George
Belvedere vodka works beautifully in a Vodka Martini, but this particular expression is more a connoisseur’s favorite. Diamond Dankowskie Rye is grown on a single estate in the village of Smogóry in west Poland. It is a rare baker’s grade rye that is low in starch. The flavor is rich and full-bodied, with a salty savory finish, a hint of pepper and caramel sweetness, balanced by a touch of spice.
This premium vodka brand is the first of its kind in the world; French cognac Grey Goose was created by François Thibault, son of a winegrower and master blender of cognac. Wheat vodka is versatile, creamy, and works well in a range of cocktails.
Ketel One Vodka is distilled in small batches by 10th generation distillers with over 300 years of expertise and is made from 100% GMO-free European wheat. This is one of the smoothest and cleanest vodkas, with notes of citrus and honey. Its long, lively finish works well in a Vodka Martini.
A Christmas Martini Mocktail
Turn this drink into a mocktail by replacing the vodka with a non-alcoholic spirit like Amass or Ritual Zero Proof. It’s always a good idea to have a non-alcoholic spirit on hand for any guests who doesn’t want alcohol in their drink.
When to Serve a Christmas Martini
Winter and fall are great seasons to serve the Christmas Martini! It’s great for:
Christmas Day or Eve
More Cranberry Cocktail Recipes
If you love cranberry, here are some of our favorite drink recipes that are made with cranberry juice!
More Cocktails You’ll Love!
Let us know if you make this Christmas martini recipe by leaving a comment and review below! We’d love to know your thoughts.
- 1 1/2 ounce vodka
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce tangerine juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for 30 seconds and then strain into a martini glass.
- Ice is optional in this cocktail, however we prefer the way it looks and the cold refreshing taste.