A refreshing Christmas martini recipe made with 5 simple ingredients! This recipe is easy to make and tastes like Christmas in a glass. The flavors of tangerine, cranberry, and cinnamon go perfectly together. We topped it with sugared berries and orange zest for the ultimate presentation.
This is a memorable holiday cocktail that your guests will enjoy! There’s nothing thing better than this Christmas Martini: sweet, tart, delightful, and beautifully festive!
When the Christmas season is upon us, this is your cocktail to make. Just imagine, sitting by a roaring fire, sipping a Christmas martini. It’s the perfect holiday cocktail.
Read below as we’re teaching you exactly how to make the best delicious Christmas cocktail for the holiday season!
Also, check out our favorite gingerbread martini, classic peppermint martini, Christmas cocktails, and the best vodka cocktails!
This is the perfect cocktail for a festive Christmas brunch or holiday party. It’s easy to make and you can shake them up ahead of time too. It would pair perfectly with a Christmas dessert table or if you’re just relaxing and watching a Christmas movie.
Christmas Martini: Everything You Need To Know
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Vodka – Vodka is a mild spirit that goes well with mixers. We use good quality, regular vodka when making this martini. If you want a hint of vanilla, use vanilla vodka.
- Cranberry Juice – Sweetened Cranberry juice like Ocean Spray.
- Orange Liqueur – Orange liqueur is a sweetened distilled spirit that is flavored with oranges. You can use Triple Sec, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier.
- Tangerine Juice – This juice is less sour, as well as sweeter and stronger, than orange juice. However, you can use orange juice as well.
- Cinnamon Stick – Cinnamon is a spice that brings all the holiday flavor. We use a cinnamon stick in the cocktail when it’s shaken to give it spice.
How to Make This Christmas Martini Recipe
Making a martini is easy! You’ll need a cocktail shaker, cocktail jigger, and a martini glass.
Shake – In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients (including the cinnamon stick) and shake with ice for 30 seconds, then strain.
Strain – Strain the cocktail into a martini glass, with or without ice.
Garnish – Add a festive garnish over the top! Sugared berries, orange zest, a mini candy cane, or a cinnamon stick all work well with this drink.
Best Orange Liqueurs For Christmas Martinis
Orange liqueur Cointreau has a hint of orange perfume flavor that makes it delicious. It has a more robust and balanced flavor than Triple Sec and is of higher quality. You can also use Grand Marnier to make this holiday classic.
Tips for Making this Christmas Martini Recipe
- Make the drink even more festive by garnishing it with fresh cranberries and a rosemary sprig.
- At your local grocery store, 100% cranberry juice is readily available. What are its benefits? Brighter color and the ability to sweeten to taste.
- Make sure to shake for at least 30 seconds to blend the flavors and allow the cinnamon to infuse the drink.
- Garnish with sugared berries and orange zest for the best flavor.
- The ice in this martini recipe is optional. Most martini recipes do not have ice, however, we really loved how the ice looks in this and it chilled it nicely making it very refreshing.
- Double the recipe and shake two cocktails at once.
- If you like a sweeter cocktail, add a dash of simple syrup. Better yet, try our cranberry simple syrup
- You can also use gin instead of vodka to make this drink.
Best Vodka for a Martini
We recommend using good-quality vodka to make any martini. Check your local liquor store for some fun vodka brands. Here are some good choices:
- Grey Goose
- King Street
- St. George
A Christmas Martini Mocktail
Turn this drink into a mocktail by replacing the vodka with a non-alcoholic spirit like Amass or Ritual Zero Proof. It’s always a good idea to have a non-alcoholic spirit on hand for any guests who don’t want alcohol in their drink.
Christmas Martini Cocktail Garnishes
A beautiful presentation is the key to making a holiday martini. Here are some ideas for making festive drinks:
- Sprig of Rosemary
- Fresh Orange Wedge
- Sugared Cranberries
- Mini Candy Canes
- Orange Zest
Our Favorite Martini Glasses
When it comes to festive holiday glassware, there is nothing better than a fancy martini glass! Here are some of our favorite Christmas martini glasses:
Estelle Green Colored Glass Martini Glass
When to Serve This Christmas Martini Recipe
This cocktail is perfect for winter and the holiday season. Here are some special occasions you can serve a Christmas martini:
- Holiday Parties
- Christmas Day or Eve
- Winter Gatherings
- An Evening Watching Christmas Movies
- After Dinner Drink
What to Serve with a Delicious Christmas Drink
It’s all about holiday festivities and this martini is great served with these recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions
The most popular drink at Christmas time is eggnog, hot toddy, and mulled wine. People have been enjoying these classic Christmas cocktails for hundreds of years.
Yes, this is a great cocktail to make with gin as it’s also a clear spirit with beautiful botanical flavors. It will go perfectly with cranberry juice and tangerine juice. Hendrick’s Gin would be the best option for this drink.
A Christmas martini is made with cranberry juice, vodka, orange liqueur, and tangerine juice. It’s a festive and refreshing cocktail to make for the holidays!
More Festive Cocktails and Christmas Drinks
We are all about holiday cocktails and these are some of the best! Here is a list of our favorite holiday drinks to make during the Christmas season:
More Cranberry Cocktail Recipes
If you love cranberry, here are some of our favorite drink recipes that are made with cranberry juice!
Also check out more great cocktail recipes our favorite brunch recipes, the best vodka mixers, mixed drinks, gin cocktails, and cheap drinks to make at home!
Let us know if you make this amazing Christmas martini drink by leaving a comment and review below! We’d love to know your thoughts! Happy holidays!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts, and parties!
- 1 1/2 ounce vodka
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce tangerine juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for 30 seconds and then strain into a martini glass.
- Ice is optional in this cocktail, however we prefer the way it looks and the cold refreshing taste.
1 thought on “Christmas Martini Recipe”
Nice cocktail for the holidays. Premixed into a cocktail shaker & placed in freezer to chill. Not necessary to add ice.