If you’re hosting a Halloween party, here are some Halloween dinner ideas and a recipe for a flavorful curried butternut squash soup!
As you all know, we’re all about making Halloween charming and we have a blast doing it! So, we wanted to put together some Halloween dinner ideas and share our recipe for curried butternut squash soup.
It’s all about finding the traditional fall and Halloween items and leaving anything scary behind!
Curried Butternut Squash Soup in Cauldrons
Table of Contents
The curried butternut squash soup is made with apples, squash, chicken stock, onions, curry powder, and more delicious fall spices. It’s honestly so satisfying, it can be served as a main!
We would suggest this as a main, if you’re serving a large fall salad and a few appetizers on the side, like our Halloween charcuterie platter.
The soup has such a stunning color and garnished with the green apples, it makes one beautiful and charming Halloween-themed soup!
How To Serve Curried Butternut Squash Soup
For the Halloween dinner party menu, we kept it simple and served a delicious and filling curried butternut squash soup in a large black cauldron.
The presentation is as elegant as can be for Halloween! Each guest also had their own small cauldrons to enjoy their soup
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Make sure to de-seed the squash and cut into similar sized cubes.
- Serve in a cauldron!
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with apple slices.
Halloween Dinner Party Appetizers
For the best Halloween appetizer, assemble a “spooky” cheese platter filled with cheese, crackers, jams, honey, and berries! Follow our guide here to make a Halloween cheese platter!
Decor For Your Halloween Dinner Party
For the decor, we always incorporate flowers. Flowers work beautifully for an elegant Halloween party.
It’s a bonus if they’re dried or a few days old. I like the look of an imperfect flower arrangement for Halloween. We got two uses out of this
Other elegant Halloween decorations are candles. Line the table with beautiful candles to create a glowing ambience for a cozy dinner party.
In addition to flowers and candles, add pumpkins and squash down the center.
They’re elegant with a little charming spookiness. You can pour a bottle of wine in the decanter if you’re serving wine or a spirit.
Halloween Dinner Ideas Drinks
For the drinks, we served our signature Apple Cider Moscow Mules, garnished with a blackberry to keep it Hallweenish and some black rum on the rocks.
You can also serve these purple gin and tonics which are super fun!
If you have kids at the dinner party, serve them this 3 ingredient Halloween punch!
Check Out These Other Great Halloween Recipes and Ideas
Witches Brew – A Halloween Cocktail by Sprinkles & Sprouts
Meringue Bone Palace Halloween Cake by Domestic Gothess
If you have tried this Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe, then please rate it and let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups finely chopped yellow onions
- 8 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 medium-size butternut squash
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups apple juice
- 3 apples peeled, chopped and cored
- Melt the butter in a large pot (big enough to fit all the ingredients of the soup)
- Add in the chopped onions, curry powder and cook until onions are tender.
- While those are cooking, prep the squash by peeling, then cutting it in half and removing the seeds. Then chop into cubes.
- When onions are tender, add in chicken stock, squash and chopped apple to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover partially and cook for about 20 minutes until squash is tender.
- Pour the soup through a strainer, reserving liquids, then transfer the vegetables and solids to a food processor or blender.
- Add one cup of reserved liquid and blend until smooth. You will use the reserved liquid later so keep it to the side.
- Return the soup to the pot and add in the apple juice and 3 cups of the reserved liquid until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with green apple slices to garnish.