A Poinsettia drink is a classic cranberry, Christmas Champagne cocktail made with just 3 ingredients. It’s an elegant drink that’s perfect for holiday parties. It has a vibrant color and is garnished with cranberry and a sprig of rosemary.
This cocktail is beautiful and refreshing. It’s simple to make and perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even New Year’s Eve. All you need is three ingredients to make it! Truly a wonderful Christmas cocktail.
Check out more of our great cocktail recipes to make at home!
These cocktails are refreshing, bubbly with a light flavor of cranberry and a hint of rosemary. The green and red colors make it perfect for the holidays and it’s easy to serve! If you love Champagne cocktails, then this recipe is for you!
How to Make a Poinsettia Drink
This cranberry Champagne cocktail is truly simple to make. To get started, you’ll need Champagne flutes and a cocktail jigger.
What is in a Poinsett?
The best part about a poinsettia drink is that there are only 3 ingredients!
Cranberry Juice – Use 100% cranberry juice
Cointreau – Or any orange liquer
Champagne – Or sparkling white wine
You’ll also need rosemary sprigs and fresh cranberries to garnish the cocktail and give it a festive look!
First, pour cranberry juice into the Champagne flute.
Next, add in the orange liqueur.
Then, top with Champagne.
Lastly, garnish with fresh cranberry and a sprig of rosemary.
Tips for Making a Poinsettia Drink
- For a party, fill the glasses up and add in the cranberry juice and liquer. Then top with Champagne right before serving.
- You can also mix the cranberry juice and liqueur in a pitcher and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the drinks.
- Make a Pomegranate cocktail by substituting cranberry juice with pomegranate juice.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are are chilled when serving.
- No need to spend a lot on a bottle of sparkling wine, since this is a mixed drink.
- Substitute Champagne for cava and prosecco.
Champagne or Sparkling White Wine
Champagne is considered sparkling wine. However, to be considered Champagne it has to be made in the Champagne region in France.
For this recipe, you can use any bottle of sparkling white wine. However, we do recommend a classic, crips bottle of Champagne for an elegant cocktail. Champagne is a celebratory wine and makes the occasion a little sweeter.
Christmas Champagne Cocktail
A Poinsettia is the perfect Christmas Champagne cocktail because of its festive color, a sprig of rosemary, and flavors of cranberry and orange.
Easy cocktail recipes are a must during the holidays and the Poinsettia checks all the boxes.
More Champagne Cocktails You’ll Love
Here are some of our favorite holiday cocktails made with Champagne or Sparkling White Wine.
What to Serve with a Poinsettia
Serve this cocktail with a festive appetizer for a fun holiday party! Check out these recipes and ideas:
How many calories are in a poinsettia?
There are roughly 140 calories in a poinsettia drink. This can vary depending on the type of wine and cranberry juice you’re using.
If you make this drink, let us know by leaving a comment and review below!
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 4 ounces Champagne
- 2 fresh cranberries
- 1 sprig rosemary
- First, pour cranberry juice into the Champagne flute.
- Next, add in the orange liqueur.
- Then, top with Champagne.
- Lastly, garnish with fresh cranberry and a sprig of rosemary.