These zesty lemon ricotta pancakes are made with delicious homemade ricotta. They are light, fluffy and perfect for breakfast! Plus the ricotta is really easy to make.
How To Make Lemon Ricotta Pancakes – Step By Step
Whoever thought of adding ricotta to pancake batter – hats of to you! It really is an inspired addition to a regular pancake recipe. The pancakes definitely don’t taste ‘cheesy’, but rather have a wonderfully milky richness and creaminess to each bite. You have to give them a go!
Easy Homemade Ricotta
Using homemade ricotta really does make the difference, and Ina’s recipe (above) is so simple, you’ll be amazed! Essentially, heat and stir your ingredients, let stand for a moment and then drain through cheesecloth. Super simple and so delicious!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes – Perfect For Easter Brunch
Pancakes are always popular at Easter brunch, and these lemon ricotta pancakes just bring them to the next level, with their rich flavor and fluffy texture. Not only do they taste extra special but they really are easy to whip up! Perfect for brunch gatherings.
Top Tips For Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Do not over mix your ingredients or you will get tough pancakes
- The batter will be thicker than regular pancake batter and will be clumpier with the cheese.
- Use a cookie scoop or pancake dispenser.
- Make sure your pancakes are nice and golden brown before flipping.
Check Out These Other Great Pancake Recipes
Fluffy Japanese Souffle Pancakes by Just One Cookbook
Banana Pancakes by Once Upon A Chef
If you have tried this lemon ricotta pancakes recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family friendly food!
Follow us for your daily dose of Sugar and Charm on Instagram!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Homemade Ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- 1 organic egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- 1 cup homemade ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Combine the flour, baking powder, white sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk lightly a few times to mix.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- Whisk to mix.
- Add in the ricotta cheese and continue to mix. It’s okay to have clumps of ricotta cheese.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Whisk lightly until combined or you see just a few traces of flour.
- Do not over mix or you will get tough pancakes.
- The batter will be thicker and a little clumpy from the cheese.
- Over medium heat, melt some butter in a pan and let it brown just a little.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the batter and let it become a nice golden brown before flipping!
- Top with organic maple syrup, a little lemon zest and some powdered sugar. Yum!