Summertime is here and we’ve created perfectly deliciously strawberry boozy snow cones, because what’s better than an icy cocktail on a scorching hot day?! I like making my own syrup because it’s incredibly fresh, with no preservatives and you can control the sweetness and flavor. For this boozy snow cone recipe, we used fresh organic strawberries, rum and some Grand Marnier to flavor it. All of these flavors go together so well and it’s not that sweet when poured over ice. Actually, it’s way less sweet than a syrup you would buy at the store. You can also alter the recipe, if you prefer more rum, a different fruit or whatever. Always taste test, switch things up to what you like and keep it simple! Cheers and enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup rum
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- Add the sugar and the water in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is completely melted.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the strawberries. Let them sit for about 5 to 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain the syrup between two glass bowls. Do this a few times to get all of the foam and extra strawberries out of the mixture.
- Add in the rum, lemon juice and Grand Marnier.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle with a spout. I LOVE these ones from World Market. Let it cool to room temp.
- Add shaved ice into charming little cones and then pour the syrup over the ice! Top with a strawberry and enjoy!