The best recipe for sangria granita snow cones, served in mini snow cone cups to add extra charm! The recipe is made with orange juice, pomegranate juice, sugar, water, wine and fall spices to give it the most delicious fall flavor!
If you all remember my black Sangria last year, this is another recipe using dark wine. Technically it’s frozen sangria. However, I really like snow cones and snow cone cups too, so we gave this recipe a fun twist.
In addition to loving it myself, I had several people test this recipe and everyone gave it a big thumbs up and requested more!
In other words, it’s super easy to make ahead of time and uses fall ingredients like pomegranate juice, cinnamon, orange and blackberries.
What is Granita?
Table of Contents
A semi-frozen Italian dessert made with sugar, water and different flavors. It originated from Sicily and now is served in different forms and textures.
Granita can also be called shaved ice.
What is Sangria?
Sangria is a cocktail made with wine and chopped fruit. There are several versions and flavors to use when making sangria. It’s traditionally made in Spain. However, it’s popular in many parts of the world now.
How to Make Sangria Granita
Here’s what you need to make this recipe.
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- Pomegranate Juice
- Fresh Blackberries
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Full-Bodied Wine – We used Apothic Dark.
Granita Flavor Variations
Granita is an easy Italian dessert that can be made in so many different flavors! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Strawberry Granita
- Coffee Granita
- Watermelon Granita
- Almond Granita
- Lemon Granita
- Grapefruit Granita (we have a great recipe for this!)
- Cherry Granita
When to Serve Frozen Sangria
Sangria granita is a fall cocktail that is great for many occasions such as:
Fall Birthday Party
What to Serve with Sangria Snow Cones
Pair this recipe with savory or sweet dishes. Here are a few of our favorites:
You can also drizzle homemade caramel over the top for an even sweeter snow cone!
More Sangria Recipes
Looking for more delicious sangria recipes? We’ve got you covered! Try any of these super refreshing and popular sangria recipes:
- Red Sangria Recipe
More Frozen Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love!
Frozen cocktails are fun to make and great year-round. Here are more of our favorite frozen drinks:
Let us know if you make this sangria! Leave a comment and review below.
Sangria Granita Snow Cones
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 fresh blackberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks , more for garnishing
- 2 cups full bodied red wine, Apothic Dark is what we used for this recipe
- In a large pot, combine the sugar and water and heat on low until melted.
- Add in the pomegranate juice, orange juice blackberries and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a slight boil, then simmer on low for 15 mins. Let all of the ingredients infuse together until the blackberries lose their color.
- Remove the blackberries, pour in the wine and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Pour into a deep container, such as a metal loaf pan.
- Freeze overnight.
- Use a fork to shave the sangria.
Serve the snow cones in a snow cone paper cup! Buy them here and add in a cinnamon stick to garnish!