These cranberry Jello shots are perfect for the holidays! Made with cranberry Jello and cranberry juice, they have a festive flavor and the perfect Jello shot texture. To make them even more elegant, serve in small shot glasses with a mini gold spoon. It makes for a classier way to enjoy a Jello shot.
We love this holiday Jello shot recipe because it’s also made with cranberry juice and cranberry Jello, giving them the ultimate flavor. We’ve also given them a little more elegance with orange zest and sugared cranberries.
Gone are the days of cheap, college Jello shots! These are sophisticated and classy Jello shots for adults. They’re fun to make, fall of flavor and can be made the day before! Below is everything you need to know to make your own festive shots for Christmas or Thanksgiving!
What is a Jello Shot?
A Jello shot is made with JELL-O brand gelatin and alcohol and served as a “shot” in shot glasses or cut into cubes. If you’re taking them to a party, you can make them in these jello cups with lids. They’re perfect for parties!
How to Make Cranberry Jello Shots
These holiday Jello shots are super easy to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
Liquid Measuring Cup
Ingredients (Full Recipe in Recipe Card Below)
In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil.
In a medium mixing bowl, add vodka and sprinkle gelatin over the vodka. Let it sit for 1 minute.
Add the cranberry jello over the top and pour in the boiling water.
Stir until the jello completely dissolves.
Add in the cranberry juice and stir.
Pour the mixture into a liquid measuring cup with a spout and then into small shot glasses or Jello shot cups with lids.
Place the shot glasses in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the shots are firm.
Add sugared berries and orange zest over the top.
Tips for Making Cranberry Jello Shots
- Don’t add more alcohol as they won’t set properly.
- Use a good quality vodka to make them more sophisticated.
- You can use pomegranate juice instead of cranberry juice for a more complex Jello shot.
- Add orange zest over the top for the most beautiful orange, cranberry flavor and scent.
- Serve them within one day of making them. We personally like to serve them the same day when they’re at their best!
- Depending on the size of the shot glass or cups you’re using, these can make anywhere between 8-14 shots. A shot is typically 1.5 ounces, but again depending on what you’re using to serve them in this will vary.
You can easily create your own flavor variations! Here are some of our favorite ideas:
Cranberry Lime Jello Shots – Use 1/2 Cranberry Jello and 1/2 Lime Jello.
Cranberry Apple Jello Shots – Use apple juice instead of cranberry juice.
Orange Cranberry Jello Shots – Use orange juice OR use orange Jello and cranberry juice. Add orange zest over the top.
Cranberry Mule Jello Shots – Add ginger vodka to the recipe.
How long do jello shots last?
The gelatin will continue to set when in the refrigerator and eventually become hard. It’s important that they are served within one day of making them as they don’t last long. Some say that you can wait 5 days to serve them, however, in our experience they are not good after a few days.
If you use a plastic cup with a lid to store them, you can get an extra day.
How long does it take for Jello shots to set?
It takes about 1 hour for Jello shots to fully set in the refrigerator.
What is the best alcohol to use for Jello Shots?
Vodka is the best alcohol to use for Jello shots. It has a mild flavor so it won’t compete with the main flavors in the shots.
Does it matter how much alcohol you put in Jello Shots?
Yes, the amount of alcohol used to make Jello shots does matter. If you add too much alcohol the shots won’t set properly, giving you a very runny jello shot!
More Holiday Recipes You’ll Love
Jameson Whiskey Jello Shots – These are green and wold pair perfectly with these festive red Jello shots for Christmas!
Let us know if you make these holiday Jello shots by leaving a comment and review below! We’d love to know your thoughts!
Cranberry Jello Shots
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/4 ounce gelatin, 1 packet
- 3 ounces cranberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- sugared cranberries, optional
- orange zest , optional
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add vodka and sprinkle gelatin over the vodka. Let it sit for 1 minute.
- Add the cranberry jello over the top and pour in the boiling water.
- Stir until the jello completely dissolves.
- Add in the cranberry juice and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a liquid measuring cup with a spout and then into small shot glasses.
- Place the shot glasses in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the shots are firm.
- Add sugared berries and orange zest over the top.