An easy citrus holiday punch made with grapefruit, oranges, Prosecco, gin, and some hard seltzer! It’s perfect for a holiday party and takes 10 minutes to make! Also, check out our Christmas martini recipe too.
Table of contents
What we love about this punch!
It’s the season for holiday punch! And you know what I love about this recipe? It’s quick to make and affordable! We bought everything from ALDI and squeezed grapefruit and orange juice for ultimate freshness. It’s light, crisp, and perfectly sweetened with simple syrup.
It’s also made with 3 different types of alcohol: Hard Seltzer, Prosecco, and Gin! The perfect party punch!
So if you’re hosting a Christmas Eve dinner or a gingerbread party, turn on the Christmas music, make this Christmas punch recipe and celebrate the holidays! There is truly nothing better!
Also, if you need more holiday drink ideas check out our Best Christmas Cocktails!
Also, in addition to prosecco, we used gin and Vista Bay Ruby Grapefruit Hard Seltzer. This gave the cocktail, even more, fizz, spike, and flavor. Your guest will love the freshness of this. As much as we love eggnog, it’s nice to have something crisp and lightly sweetened.
How to Make an Easy Holiday Punch
First start with an impressive, and very easy, ice ring! If you make an ice ring you’ll need to do it the night before so it can freeze overnight. If you don’t have time, skip this part and just use large ice cubes.
How to Make an Ice Ring
Ice rings are a great way to keep a punch super cold and not too watered down. It takes time for an ice ring to melt so it’s a great option for a party. Here’s how you make them:
- We go into more detail here, but overall the process is very easy.
- Fill a bundt pan with sliced fruit, berries, cinnamon sticks and any other festive ingredients you can think of!
- Once the fruit is in the bundt pan, fill it with water 3/4 of the way full.
- Don’t be afraid to use a lot of fruit! Have it sticking out of the water so it looks pretty when it’s frozen.
- Freeze it overnight and to remove the ice ring, run it under hot water for a minute.
Ingredients in a Citrus Holiday Punch
Grapefruit Hard Seltzer
Simple Syrup – Super easy to make! See our guide to making a simple syrup to learn more, but a basic formula for simple syrup is equal parts water and sugar.
WHAT IS SIMPLE SYRUP MADE FOR?
It’s made to sweeten cocktails, coffee, desserts, and other dishes. It’s a liquid sweetener made from water and sugar. It can dilute the sweetness and you can alter it to make different flavors.
- Pour all of the ingredients over an ice ring into a punch bowl.
- Stir and taste.
- Add more simple syrup or hard seltzer if needed.
Holiday Punch with Sherbet
If you wanted to make this more of a dessert punch, it would be delicious with scoops of sherbert or sorbet! Just add the scoops right before serving. You could do raspberry, cranberry, orange, or even Champagne flavored sorbet!
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love!
Cranberry and Thyme Gin + Tonic
Let us know if you make this holiday punch by leaving a review and comment! Also, tag @sugarandcharm on social so we can see your photos!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts, and parties!
Citrus Holiday Punch
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- 2 cups grapefruit juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 cup orange juice, fresh-squeezed
- 2 cans Grapefruit Hard Seltzer , Vista Bay Ruby Red
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1/2 cup simple syrup , more if you want it sweeter
- Make a simple syrup to sweeten the punch. Find the recipe here!
- Add all of the ingredients into a punch bowl over ice (or an ice ring) and stir.
- Serve chilled
2 thoughts on “Citrus Holiday Punch Recipe”
Hi! I am planning on making this for a girls Christmas party. We don’t have an Aldi near us and so I can’t get my hands on Vista bay. I know this is probably a sponsored post so I’m not sure if you can say anything but would the drink work just as well with another grapefruit seltzer? Thank you!
Hi! You can totally use another grapefruit seltzer! White Claw or Truly have some 🙂