Our Easy Greek Mezze (Meze) Platter is perfect for a simple evening with friends! You don’t have to cook any of this and it’s all about artfully preparing a gorgeous platter with easy ingredients! Serve your Greek Mezze platter with some ouzo and wine, and let the party begin!
We’re going with easy and fuss-free for this board. You don’t have to (no, really you don’t!) make all of the dips homemade. If you feel like you need to make something, then just choose one dip to make yourself. Maybe whip up a homemade hummus and then buy the baba ganoush and cucumber yogurt dip to add to the platter. It’s all about assembling good food for a fun party and keeping it easy!
What’s on a Mezze Platter?
There are many delicious foods and dips you can add to a Mezze platter. Here’s a list of items to inspire you. Choose a variety of the ones you like the most to add to the platter.
- Baba Ganoush – Roasted eggplant dip, my favorite!
- Cucumber Yogurt – Tzatziki
- Stuffed Grape Leaves – Dolmathakia or Sarma
- Greek Fava
- Feta Cheese
- Tahini – Used as a base in dips, but also great alone
- Roasted Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Lemon Wedges
- Marinated Artichokes – Something like these
- Marinated Olives
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Varieties of Cheese – Kefalotiri, Greek Gruyere or Feta
- Soft Boiled Eggs
- Variety of Meats – Traditional Greek sausage or any charcuterie you like.
- Pita Bread
- Pita Chips
- Bread Sticks
Remember, entertaining doesn’t have to be stressful. Finding the best of the best food and items locally, to serve in your home is also an important part of entertaining. If there’s a restaurant nearby that makes the most incredible hummus… buy it and add it to your platter. Not everything has to be homemade and sometimes it’s better that way.
How to Assemble a Greek Mezze Platter
- Add the dips (serve at least three) into small wooden serving bowls and place them around a larger platter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients around the bowls, like cheese, olives, dolmathakia, peppers, vegetables, etc. on the platter.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper over all the food.
- Add pretty tropical flowers to garnish.
- Serve pita bread and pita chips on the side.
Drizzle a high quality olive oil over the platter and add a little salt and pepper to season. We added some paprika and additional olive oil to our purchased hummus to make it look pretty!
What is Mezze?
Mezze is a platter combing cold and hot, vegetarian and meat items. It can be a complete meal served with warm bread and there are several variations to creating your own platter.
What does mezze (meze) mean?
Mezze or Meze is a selection of small plates and appetizers in parts of the Middle East, Greece and North Africa.
How to Toast Pita Bread
There is nothing better to dip in hummus that pillowy soft pita bread! Serve warm with salt and olive oil and everyone will be happy!
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cut the pita bread in 4 triangles. You can do 8 triangles if you prefer smaller pieces.
- Place in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Bake in the oven for about 7 minutes. You want the pita to still be soft, but warm.
What drinks to serve with Greek food?
Since Mezze is supposed to be shared over drinks with friends, wine and ouzo are a must!
Ouzo is a traditional, dry anise-flavored Greek aperitif. It’s served very cold in a shot glass before the meal. Ouzo is distilled from the remnants of grapes pressed for wine and flavored with spices like anise. Impress your guests by serving this before everyone digs into the platter.
You can also serve cold beer, which would go great with the food.
What Wine Goes with Mediterranean Food?
Try something light and crisp, like a Sauvignon Blanc or a Riesling. You can also pair it with a light sparkling wine too.
Check out our guide to serving wine!
Let us know if you make a Greek mezze platter inspired by us! Leave a comment and review below and tag us on social @sugarandcharm #sugarandcharm!
Greek Mezze Platter
Easy Greek Mezze Platter is perfect for a simple evening with friends! You don't have to make or cook any of this and it's all about artfully preparing a gorgeous platter with easy ingredients!
Container fresh hummus
Container baba ganoush
Fresh cucumber yogurt
Crumble feta cheese
Soft pita bread
Roasted red peppers
Jar of Marinated artichoke hearts
Assorted nuts like almonds
Assorted olives like green and kalamata
Place the dips in small bowls on the platter.
Add the rest of the food around the platter until it's full.
Drizzle the board with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Serve additional olives and pita bread on the side.
Be creative with the platter and alter to your liking.
Add fish or charcuterie to the board if you prefer.
Everything can be restaurant or store purchased.