If you’re looking for an easy Halloween dessert, it doesn’t get much easier than these adorable ghost chocolate trifles! Made with a chocolate sheet cake, whipped cream and some cute little eyes, these can be assembled within minutes! They’re also great because they’re not overly sweet.
Halloween is all about the treats, so if you’re hosting a fun party, a ghost party, a Halloween carving night or just chilling out for a spooky Halloween movie night, these ghost trifles are a family-friendly dessert that everyone will love!
When we made these cute mini trifles, my kiddos went crazy for them! It’s really such an adorable Halloween dessert and literally so simple to make. You can also make one large trifle for a show stopping dessert!
Ghost Halloween Trifles – An Easy Halloween Dessert
9×13 Sheet Pan
Mini Trifle Dishes – We use these all the time! They’re so affordable too.
Chocolate Sheet Cake – We love our chocolate cake recipe!
Whipped Cream (like Cool Whip)
Bake a chocolate sheet cake. We use our chocolate cake recipe. It’s the perfect texture, filled with chocolate flavor, not overly sweet, super moist and fluffy.
You can also use a boxed cake to make this an even easier Halloween dessert.
Once the cake has cooled, slice it into small squares.
Add a layer of chocolate cake on the bottom of a mini trifle.
Then, add whipped cream and another layer of cake.
Top the trifle off with a fluffy dollop of whipped cream, giving it a nice little fluffy tip at the top.
Add two eyes for the ghostly top and that’s it!
Tips for Making this Easy Halloween Dessert
- Bake the cake the day before. Properly store it and assemble the trifles the day of the party.
- Include kids when making the trifles, this is a fun family-friendly Halloween dessert.
- A homemade cake or a boxed cake will work for this dessert.
- You can also make a homemade whipped cream if you want.
- Make this a large trifle which would also make a beautiful centerpiece on a dessert table.
More Easy Halloween Desserts
Easy and Adorable Mummy Brownies
Halloween Entertaining Ideas
Here are some more fun Halloween party ideas!
How to Make the Perfect Halloween Cheese Platter
Halloween Entertaining Ideas for Kids
Let us know if you make these fun ghost trifles by leaving a comment and a review below! We’d love to know your thoughts!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts, and parties!
Mini Ghost Trifles
- 1 9×13 chocolate cake, sheet cake
- 3 cups whipped cream , Cool Whip
- 12 monster eye sprinkles
- Bake a chocolate sheet cake in a 9×13 pan. We use our chocolate cake recipe that we love! You can also use a boxed cake to make this an even easier Halloween dessert.
- Once the cake has cooled, slice it into small squares.
- Add a layer of chocolate cake on the bottom of a mini trifle.
- Then, add whipped cream and another layer of cake.
- Top the trifle off with a fluffy dollop of whipped cream.
- Add two eyes for the ghostly top!