This refreshing whiskey punch is perfect for St Patrick’s Day! It’s a lovely mix of honey, lemon and green tea. Light and delicious, you can serve it hot or cold.
When throwing a party no host wants to spend hours in the kitchen mixing cocktails, that’s why we LOVE a good cocktail punch! It’s really the best way to serve a beverage without “working” during your party.
For Saint Patrick’s Day we created a super simple Irish Whiskey Green Tea Punch that has lemon and honey in it.
You can serve it warm or cold with ice cubes, depending on how cold it is outside! It’s light and refreshing but also has a little kick to it! Recipe below. For tips on how to set a Saint Patrick’s Day bar cart, go here!
How To Make This Whiskey Punch – Step By Step
- Pour the hot water into a heat-prood bowl.
- Add in 5 green tea bags and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add in all of the ingredients. Stir so everything is mixed well and the honey has time to melt.
- If serving it cold, add in large square ice cubes about 5 minutes before your guests arrive. Also, alter this recipe to your liking
- ! Add more whiskey, lemon, honey, etc. Enjoy!
Irish Whiskey Punch – Perfect for St Patrick’s Day!
Irish whiskey It’s popular in part because of its easy drinkability. Irish whiskey is sweet, but not as sweet as bourbon. Irish whiskey is smooth, but still has the complexity of a brown spirit.
This whiskey punch has a lovely yellow hue and topped with green mint leaves, it ties in perfectly to the St Patrick Day shenanigans!
Whiskey Punch – Great for Parties
Punch is the perfect delivery method for alcohol when you want to throw a party but not get stuck behind the bar!
Punch means you can have a glass of a delicious cocktail in your guests’ hands as they arrive.
If you have it cold, then the punch will even out of the course of the party, starting out more potent then allowing the ice to dissolve and dilute it as the party goes on, great to keep festivities on track without overdoing it (to much – ha!)
Punch is the perfect crowd pleaser, but make sure sure you have the right set up. A Punch bowl is obviously ideal but you can use a pot, bundt cake pan, soup tureen or any other container, just make sure it’s the right size for the amount of guests.
Have a ladle for guests to use. After a while some of the ingredients may settle at the bottom of the punch, so from time to time, use the ladle to stir the punch.
If serving cold, ladle the punch over the ice occasionally to keep the punch cool.
Top Tips For This Whiskey Punch
- Allow the green tea bags to steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Use a heat proof bowl if keeping warm.
- Stir occasionally with a ladle, to remix the cocktail.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Check Out These Other Great Punch Recipes
Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch by Averie Cooks
Rainbow Sherbet Punch by Grandbaby Cakes
If you have tried this Whiskey Punch recipe or any other recipe on Sugar and Charm, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 8 cups brewed green tea, 8 cups water, 5 tea bags
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup honey, more if you like it sweeter!
- 1½ cups Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Pour the hot water into a heat-prood bowl. Add in 5 green tea bags and let it steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and add in all of the ingredients. Stir so everything is mixed well and the honey has time to melt. If serving it cold, add in large square ice cubes about 5 minutes before your guests arrive. Also, alter this recipe to your liking! Add more whiskey, lemon, honey, etc. Enjoy!