This whipped ricotta recipe is creamy, flavorful, and so easy to make. It’s made with only three ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to make. It’s the perfect appetizer to serve with crust bread or with a cheese platter!
We love this dip so much, we’ll be serving it at every gathering! You can also use this dip to make whipped ricotta toast, as a topping for pancakes or pasta, as a side dish with a fruit platter, or even serve it with your favorite cake!
Also, try our whipped goat cheese dip, it’s just as good!
List 5 reasons you’ll love this whipped ricotta dip:
Table of Contents
1. It’s incredibly creamy and smooth!
2. An easy appetizer to make for parties that are always a crowd pleaser.
3. You only need three ingredients to make it.
4. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
5. It’s a great year-round dip to serve at any party.
How to Make This Whipped Ricotta Recipe
This whipped ricotta is an easy recipe to make. We’ll cover everything you need to know to make this dip, answer frequently asked questions, and share our expert tips for recipe success.
If you prefer to go straight to the recipe and measurements, scroll to the bottom of this post where you’ll find the recipe card and directions.
- Electric Mixer – Either a hand mixer, stand mixer, or food processor will work.
- Spatula – You’ll need this to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Serving Bowl – Find a medium size bowl in which you can serve the dip.
- Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoons – This is to measure the ingredients
This recipe is made with simple ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
Whole Milk Ricotta – Use good quality whole milk ricotta for the best flavor, texture, and results.
Salt – Salt helps to enhance all of the flavors, so don’t skip it!
Olive Oil – Use good quality olive oil for the best flavor. A good quality extra-virgin olive oil will be best.
Honey – We use about a tablespoon of honey to drizzle over the top. It adds the best sweetness and compliments the cheese so well. You can use hot honey if you want a little spice.
Add the ricotta to a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer beat until light and smooth.
Pour the salt in and continue to beat.
Turn the mixer to low and drizzle the olive oil into the dip.
Continue to beat until the ricotta is whipped.
Pour into a serving plate and add a drizzle of honey over the top and a little fresh thyme.
Tips for Making This Dip
Here are our expert tips to make this recipe the best it can be:
- Whip the dip until it’s light and fluffy.
- If the dip is too thick, add a splash of olive oil to loosen it up.
- Add fresh lemon zest or a little lemon juice if you want a little citrus in the dip.
- Add garlic and fresh herbs when whipping for extra flavor.
- Serve with your favorite dippers such as crackers, pita chips, vegetables, or fruit.
- If you’re wanting a challenge, make your own homemade ricotta to whip!
Garnishes for Whipped Ricotta
Garnishes are a great way to dress up this whipped ricotta dip. Here are some ideas:
Freshly chopped herbs like fresh basil, rosemary, or thyme
Toasted pine nuts or pistachios
Lemon zest or orange zest
Olive oil or Chili crunch
Freshly cracked black pepper
How to Store
Leftover whipped ricotta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. However, it’s best eaten the same day it’s made.
What To Serve With Whipped Ricotta
This delicious appetizer s perfect to serve year-round and on any occasion. Serve it as a part of an appetizer spread with other dips, as a side dish for grilled meats, or even as part of a dessert platter. You can serve this dip with:
- Crusty bread or pita chips
- Fresh vegetables
- Roasted vegetables – zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers
- Use as a spread on toast
- Serve with a cheese platter
- Enjoy as a topping for pancakes or pasta
- Serve it with your favorite cake
FAQs About Whipped Ricotta Dip
Ricotta is a soft Italian cheese made from whey, the liquid left over from making other cheeses. It’s mild, creamy, and often used in desserts and savory dishes.
We recommend using whole milk ricotta for the creamiest, most delicious results. This will result in a creamier texture when the ricotta is whipped.
Serve whipped ricotta dip with your favorite dippers such as crackers, pita chips, vegetables, or fruit.
Whipped ricotta dip is creamy, salty, and slightly tangy. The whipped texture makes it light and fluffy, which gives it a texture similar to whipped cream.
This could be because it wasn’t whipped enough. To fix this, continue to whip until it’s light and fluffy. If the dip is still too runny, add a few more tablespoons of ricotta cheese to thicken it.
More Dip Recipes and Appetizers You’ll Love
Try any of these delicious appetizer dips! You can make an entire meal out of dips, crackers, and toasty bread. We highly recommend it!
Let us know what you think!
Now that you know all about whipped ricotta dip, it’s time to make it! Let us know what you think about this light and creamy dip by leaving a comment below!
Whipped Ricotta Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 tsp salt, more if needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the ricotta to a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer beat until light and smooth.
- Pour the salt in and continue to beat.
- Turn the mixer to low and drizzle the olive oil into the dip.
- Pour into a serving plate and add a drizzle of honey over the top and a little fresh thyme.