If you’re looking for a romantic cocktail, look no further! It doesn’t get more romantic than this unique and delicious, Rose Water Gin Cocktail! This is a gin cocktail recipe with a refreshing, floral flavor.
We love making cocktails and we’re smitten over this 3 ingredient rose water cocktail. Each of the flavors are all very present in the cocktail and it’s a light and refreshing drink.
Before we get started, here is some history about gin. It’s one of our favorite spirits to use in our cocktail recipes. We love the botanical flavors it has and it pairs nicely with floral drinks like this rose water cocktail.
Table of Contents
Gin is a popular drink in many parts of the world, but especially in Western Europe. Of the top ten gin-drinking countries in the world, 6 are in Western Europe, and two are in Central Europe.
This makes a lot of sense, seeing as it originated in Western Europe. It has a long and storied history, but it’s not just its history that makes it fascinating. There are plenty of amazing things for both the novice and experienced gin drinker to discover.
Cooking with Roses
Not only do roses make the most beautiful floral arrangements, but you can cook with them too! There are hundreds of varieties of roses you can cook with. Roses are beautiful, edible flowers that add flavor and color to recipes. The only part of the rose that is edible is the petals. The petals have an aromatic, floral, and sweet flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Cocktail
- This drink has flavors of rose and lemon.
- It’s made with 4 ingredients.
- It has a beautiful shade of light pink. Check out all of our pink cocktail recipes.
- It’s a romantic cocktail that is perfect for celebrations.
How to Make a Rose Water Cocktail
This recipe uses 4 ingredients:
Rose Simple Syrup – This simple syurp flavors the water in the cocktail.
Gin – Use a nice bontanical gin.
Lemon Juice – Fresh squeezed lemon juice is key.
Splash of rose water if you want. Check out our guide to making homemade rose water.
How to Make Rose Water Simple Syrup
To get the floral and rosy flavor, we used rose water to create rosewater simple syrup! Simple syrup is a diluted sweetener and very simple (hence the name) to make! Check out our guide on making a simple syrup.
- The rose water simple syrup is easy to make!
- Simmer 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small pot until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove and let it cool
- Add in 1 teaspoon of rose water… we used this one, which is great!
How to Properly Shake a Cocktail
Shaking a cocktail is crucial to creating a well-balanced drink. Here are our 3 tips for shaking a cocktail:
- Fill the shake halfway up with ice. You don’t want a few pieces of ice, you want a good amount, but still enough room to shake the drink.
- Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds. This chills the cocktail, dilutes the drink, and mixes the ingredients for a well-balanced rosewater cocktail.
- Leave out water or sparkling wine or Champagne. Only shake spirits, juices, herbs, berries, and liqueurs. Don’t shake anything sparkling.
Our Favorite Gin Brands
There are a lot of great gins you can get at your average store for a reasonable price. Some notable favorites include Tanqueray, Hendrick’s, and Indigo. Here are a few more of our favorite gin brands to use in cocktail recipes:
- Gray Whale
- Monkey 47
- The Botanist
- St. George
Rosewater Cocktail Garnishes
Garnishes add charm to cocktails and creating a pretty presentation. Here are a few ways to garnish this drink:
Lemon Zest – Add a teaspoon of lemon zest over the top.
Rose Petals – Save some petals to garnish the drink.
Pink Ice Cubes – Make this cocktail extra pink with our pink ice cubes!
Striped Straw – Paper straws add color and make it easier to sip.
When to Serve a Rose Water Cocktail
There are so many parties, themes, and events this floral cocktail would be perfect for too.
Themed Wedding Cocktail
Spring Garden Party
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love!
Here are 9 more of our favorite cocktail recipes:
More Rose Recipes
Looking for more rose recipes? Try these out!
Let us know if you make this rose water gin cocktail! Please leave a review and comment below!
Rose Water and Gin Cocktail
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz rose water simple syrup (see how to make below)
- 2 oz gin
- splash club soda
- Add 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small pot and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Let it cool and add in 1 teaspoon rose water extract.
- Store the simple syrup in the refrigerator. If you’re serving right away add rose petals to the simple syrup for a beautiful presentation.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour in the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake for more than 20 seconds so the ice can melt and dilute the ingredients.
- Add a splash of club soda if you prefer!
- Strain over a large ice cube and garnish with a lemon twist and rose petal.