This Black Sangria Recipe is perfect for all of your Halloween entertaining! This make ahead cocktail will mean your spending less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests. This is the best Halloween sangria and will be the star of your party!
The Perfect Halloween Sangria
You’ll be happy to know that I have the BEST sangria recipe ever for Halloween!
I call it the Black Sangria and the name says it all! A sangria made with blackberries, black plums, black grapes and Apothic Dark wine. You can use any really dark wine like a cabernet.
I call it the Black Sangria and the name says it all! A sangria made with blackberries, black plums, black grapes and Apothic Dark wine.
If you let it sit for about an hour the plums turn a mean shade of black and everything is black! It’s pretty incredible and super easy to make.
You know me, it’s got to be easy or it ain’t happening! Entertaining is fun people!
How to make Black Sangria
There is nothing complicated about this libation!
- Slice the ingredients and add them to a pitcher.
- Add the wine and brandy in with the fruit.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and place it the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Add the sparkling water before serving.
You can also try sparkling ginger ale or sparkling apple cider in place of the water.
What is Sangria Made of?
Sangria is a Spanish drink, traditionally, it consists of red wine mixed with fruits (such as peaches, melon and berries), sugar and orange juice.
Although red wine is traditionally used in sangria recipes, you can also get white and rose pitchers. You can use whatever fruits are in season.
What is the best wine for sangria?
Traditionally sangrias are made with rioja, but I say tradition is meant to be broken!
We used Apothic Dark which is a blended wine and it has a little spice to it, it’s also great for this Halloween Sangria because of it’s dark color! Make your sangria your own by using your favorite red wine.
The deep color of this black sangria is perfect for the spooky holiday. It’s a great drink to serve at your Halloween party as you can make it ahead of time.
It’s a grown up drink with an injection of spooky Halloween fun!
Top tips for making black sangria
- Be sure to let the sangria sit for a couple of hours before serving, longer if possible so that the flavors develop
- Keep the sangria in the fridge so it remains cold
- Don’t add ice as this will dilute the taste.
More Sangria Recipes You’ll Love
If you have tried this Black Sangria Recipe, then please rate it and let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Black Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle Apothic Dark, any dark red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 4 black plums, washed and sliced
- 2 cups black grapes, washed
- 2 cups organic blackberries, washed
- 1 cup sparkling water, if you desire, but you don’t have to if you want a strong wine taste
- Add everything into a pitcher and mix with a large spoon.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. The longer it sits the darker the plums becomes.
- Best to keep sangria in the fridge. Enjoy!!!